Hello & sorry for the late upload! Last weekend I took a quick trip to LA to visit my bff and I wanted to share some of the fun things that we did. If you are familiar with LA I would love to hear in the comments what your favourite things to do are!
– Zinqué: This coffee shop/cafe has delicious coffee (I didn’t try anything else) and lovely indoor and outdoor sitting places. It is located on Abbot Kinney Blvd (mentioned later) so if you decide to take your coffee to go there are lots to walk around and see!
– Carrera Cafe: This coffee shop is super cute & definitely very instagramable if that’s what you’re into. I had a delicious iced Vanilla late, but if you decided to get a hot drink they you have the option to custom design your latte art!
– Alfred Tea & Coffee: These are located all over LA and all very cute! I had an iced chai tea latte which was amazing. The cups are all super cute so if you’re trying to get a picture this is a great option.
– Urth Cafe: We loved Urth cafe so much we had to make 2 different trips. I will go into their food selection in the food section, however I can confirm that the blended Spanish coffee and the vanilla honey lattes are both incredible!
– In-n-out: I had never been to In-n-out before and figured that it was a necessary stop to make! I was so surprised how accommodating they were for gluten free and WOW was it good!! Definitely see what the hype is about now…
– Abbot’s Pizza Company: Located on abbot kinney blvd this tiny hole in the wall pizza restaurant offers gluten free pizza for a better price than I have ever seen! My only complaint was how little seating there is, definitely plan on taking the pizza somewhere else to sit and eat!
– Urth cafe: As previously mentioned Urth cafe was so amazing we had to make two trips. Unfortunatley I was unoriginal and had the same thing both days (prosciutto and cheese breakfast panini on gluten free bread). This was some of the best gluten free bread I have ever had!! Prepare for a bit of a wait to get seated on the weekend, however they are extremely efficient and will get your food to you quickly! I love how much outdoor seating they have too!
– Tocaya: At first I was skeptical about a chain “tex-mex” restaurant however this place impressed me to no end! Not only are all the locations WAY cute, they are also mostly gluten free with many vegan options as well! The food is really natural and a nice healthy option!
– Erin McKenna Bakery: This gluten free bakery blew me away! First of all for someone with celiac disease it is so refreshing to find dedicated gluten free places with many options. Between me and my friend we had to try as many items as possible, which were all incredible, but we both agreed that the cinnamon coffee cake was our favourite. Again not a lot of seating available but lots of cute places to sit nearby.
THINGS TO DO:
– Abbot Kinney Blvd: I think this was my favourite place to check out while in LA. There are tons of cute shops, restaurants and coffee shops along this street. ( I wish I had more time here!!) We also happened to go on a Saturday and there was a little market with the cutest things. If you’re like me and love wandering, you will love this.
– Venice Canals: We personally didn’t go on the canals but they’re gorgeous to walk around (especially in the evening!)
– Melrose Place: I also really liked walking around here! The shops are a little more spread out, so prepare for more walking. You will find Carrera coffee here as well as an Alfred. This is additionally the street where the glossier shop is on which was really fun to check out!
– Santa Monica Pier: Because I was here on the long weekend, the pier was extra busy so we definitely kept is a short visit but it seemed like a must to check out, and the view was incredible!
– Griffith Observatory: This is a really fun place to check out because you have the option to walk or drive up. We used it as a nice little morning hike, and the views are incredible! When we went we didn’t go inside but its fun being able too see so much of the city.
– Rodeo Drive: This seemed like another over-rated place to go, but still fun to see. I personally am not big on designer things so we just went for a drive down the street. My favourite part about it was the incredible architecture of some of the buildings along the street & there is good people watching too!
I hope you enjoyed! XO