I’ve become very aware lately on how easy it is to go through a day without taking time to think about how the decisions we are making impact the environment around us. As most of us have probably heard by now, our lovely planet isn’t doing too good and could really use some TLC. To make myself more aware I’ve decided to challenge myself for the month of November to make at least one Happy Earth conscious decision a day.
Here is my 30 day plan for being more friendly to our earth:
1. Bring your own water bottle
2. Take the bus/ride your bike
3. Buy a new reusable mug
4. Go thrift shopping
5. Meatless Monday
6. Use a reusable grocery bag
7. Leftovers for dinner
8. Full day without a car
9. Get a coffee in your new reusable mug
10. Go to a farmers market
11. Donate/Sell old clothes
12. Buy a reusable straw
13. Eat in season fruit and veggies
14. Don’t take you’re treat to go, enjoy it at the store
15. Pick up some garbage when you’re on a walk
16. Don’t use any (non-reusable) plastic
17. Go for a walk, enjoy nature!
18. Meal prep lunches for the week
19. Bring your own metal fork
20. Make your shower short
21. Only have lights on in the room that you’re in
22. Buy veggies that aren’t pre-wrapped
23. Never leave the tap running
24. Shop locally
25. Plant a tree
26. Don’t charge you phone overnight, it will over charge it and wastes energy.
27. Don’t leave chargers plugged in when you’re not using them
28. Turn off you computer/tablets at night, it will prevent them from draining excess energy.
29. Switch to earth friendly beauty/health products
30. Share your favourite environment tip with your friends
If anyone decides to do these as well, be sure to share it with me, I would love to see it!
Now lets go be a little nicer to our earth. XO