I was recently talking about March with a friend, and we were discussing how dull of a month it was going to be for us. We didn’t have any breaks from classes, we had endless numbers of assignments due and exams, and nothing in particular that we were looking forward to.
Finding the negatives was a very easy trap to fall into, however it isn’t the way I want to go into the new month. So instead, I’m taking the time today to compile all the parts of March that I am looking forward to, and ways that we can all be more motivated this month!
What I am looking forward to this month:
1. The weather: Although it is by no means warm where I live in March, it generally is the time of year where we begin to get lots of sunshine!
2. Fitness routine: The past week I have gotten into a great routine, and am loving the way that it is making me feel. Because I started this routine at the end of the month, I am really looking forward to getting to carry it into the new month.
3. The final push: Although this means that I am going to have a lot of work to do, March is actually my last full month of classes which means that summer break is coming! As much as it is a bit stressful I find it motivating to know that I only need to get through a few more weeks until I have a break
4. On the blog: I have a couple exciting projects that I am working on that will happen in April, and even though they’re technically not happening in March, a lot of the work for them is happening now so I am getting really excited about them!
Goals for the month:
1. Eat out less: I would really love to do some traveling this summer, but that means saving money so this month I am going to work towards this by eating out less and sticking to a food/coffee budget every week
2. Work out more: As I said earlier I have been getting into a routine lately which I have been loving, so I would love to stick to working out AT LEAST 5 days a week
3. Be more social: Because I am only about 8 weeks away from moving back to Seattle, which means I am going to go about 4.5 months before I see people from University again, I am going to make it a goal to make plans with people I don’t see regularly at least twice every week.
4. Study better: My current schedule at University has a lot of breaks during the day, which I often use to study but the conditions generally aren’t the greatest or I’ll take regular breaks. To help avoid this I am making it a goal this month to have a minimum hour long study block everyday, during which I am alone and not listening to music, with a timer set so I don’t look at anything for at least an hour.
I would love to hear what your goals are for the month and what you are looking forward to! Also be sure to let me know if monthly motivation posts are something you would like to see more regualrly!