I’ve recently been taking advantage of this quarantined time to try making some new recipes and I thought I would start sharing them on here with you! First up are these delicious almond oatmeal cookies! They’re sweet, crispy around the edges and soft inside. They are also amazing frozen!
– 1 cup butter
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 cup white sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
– 1.5 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (the trader joes brand is my go-to)
– 2.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats
– 1 cup sliced almonds
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– Preheat oven to 350
– Combine butter and both sugars in a bowl, add in eggs and both extracts. In a separate bowl combine flour, oats, baking soda & baking powder. Combine wet and dry mixtures, then add almonds and fold in.
– Roll into small balls (1.5 tablespoons-ish) and place on pan
– Bake for about 12 minutes (until edges start browning) the cookies may look under-cooked at first but once they cool they are perfect!
Be sure to let me know if you try making these! I would love to see pictures!
XO Cassidy Hannah