Hi Y’all! Welcome back!
The best part about this recipe is that you can totally mix it up depending on what you have in your fridge. I’ve been making this for years and my favourite part about it, is that it makes the best leftovers EVER, so it’s perfect for meal prep.
I’m listing out the ingredients I used in mine the other night for simplicity but I also love adding sweet potatoes, sweet onion, green beans and bell pepper! Frankly there’s probably very few veggies that wouldn’t be good in it.
Earlier this week on my instagram I shared one of my favourite dinners on my instagram stories & I got some questions about it so I thought I would share the recipe on here.
– Brussels Sprouts
– Slivered Almonds
1. To start, I always like to chop up the bacon into small bits & get it cooking in a large frying pan. You totally could use precooked bacon bits if you like but I feel like the flavour is better this way!
2. Next chop up your potatoes into cubes and get them boiling in a pot
3. Once the potatoes are soft, drain them and add them in the pan with the bacon, the beauty of cooking them in the pan with the bacon is that you don’t need to add any extra oil, however I would recommend draining some of the fat while you’re cooking the bacon
4. Chop your brussels sprouts (I personally cut mine into slices but you can do it however you would like, my one piece of advice is to make everything similar sized)
5. Once the potatoes have started to crisp up add in you brussels sprouts
6. Finally, chop up the apple, I cut this into smaller pieces than everything out, just because I wanted them to be a very minor flavour
7. Top with the dried cranberries, slivered almonds, apples & salt to taste & ta-da you’re good to go! As I mentioned before this meal makes great leftovers so I always make extras and put it in tupperware.
Let me know if you make this recipe for dinner too, and if you do I hope you enjoy!
XO Cassidy Hannah